Friday 8 November 2013

module 3 - journey

so I've had a panic, but after a really useful chat with Paula I am on my way. Bit late but I'm getting there.

Lots to do, but my main issue so far has been the planning. Where to start, what to do next.....

my time has been spent researching, having conversations, reflecting, but then what........ knowing where to start and having some form of plan of action has eluded me, resulting in procrastinating.

I have revisited my questions. Hopefully they are now more focused on the outcome and will help me address the question of QTS in schools. I have read lots about how parents, establishment and students feel strongly that their teachers of qualified, but as dance teachers we hold the unique position of being trained and qualified but not recognised as QTS. I hope to discuss how this affects us when working in schools and routes into the profession.

I have recently become aware of a new route into teaching for people like me. Assessment only route, I will be delving deeper. One of my interviews will be with an unqualified teacher who is about to embark on this journey. I am looking forward to finding out more about it.

2 comments:

  1. The assessment portfolio is something new so I would think the BAPP network would be really interested in following your inquiry. We discussed the similarities that how this route might compare to our experienced practitioner route. Do you think there are similarities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same Jane before speaking to Paula! I'm glad you now have more of a plan and path way in front of you! I'm just having a read of some of your blogs now. It seems as though you are focusing more on the dance teacher.. within my own inquiry it is the teacher and their skills that appears to have a large influence on the way students feel emotionally about their vocational training. I shall comment on things I find in your blogs!
    All the best moving forward,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete