Wednesday 8 May 2013

semi-structures interviewing

I decided to try out a semi-structured interview method to see if it would be beneficial to my inquiry. I found it was a really useful form of interviewing and although I had a list of questions ready, the interview took on a different path and the answers I received opened up further questioning  which resulted in useful information for my inquiry. It also helped me to not be bias and lead the questioning to get the answers I expected, it gave me a different view point.

Definitely going to use this form of interviewing in my inquiry.

I will still use a formal interview method to gain answers and view to specific questioning and also an informal/guided interview with a group where my role will be to provide topics I want to cover and allow the interviewees to discuss the topics freely.

hopefully using these methods will give me data to inform my inquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment